Democratizing Generative AI: Bridging the Accessibility Gap

CoRover's CEO Ankush Sabharwal on BharatGPT - India's First LLM
Ankush Sabharwal, founder and CEO of CoRover

Whether it's engaging with the AI-powered bot of the Life Insurance Corporation of India - a global leader in general insurance - or accessing an API to obtain your gate number at the airport, you may be tapping into the capabilities of BharatGPT - India's first indigenous open-source large language model developed by CoRover.

See Also: The State of Enterprise Mobile App Security 2023: Results Analysis

CoRover is an Indian startup that specializes in delivering conversational and generative AI platforms. With BharatGPT, CoRover aims to address diverse use cases and transform AI interactions across 22 Indian languages. BharatGPT seamlessly integrates with voice, video and text modalities, providing a comprehensive solution to the challenges posed by India's linguistic diversity.

"AI is fundamentally about replicating physical experiences in the digital realm. Despite the digital commerce landscape in India constituting only 5%, the remaining 95% persists in brick-and-mortar establishments due to the unique experience they offer," said Ankush Sabharwal, founder and CEO of CoRover. "Often, technologists prioritize catering to the top 1% of elite users, leaving the majority underserved. True disruption lies in democratizing technology accessibility, ensuring it benefits everyone regardless of their technological proficiency."

In this video interview with Information Security Media Group, Sabharwal discussed:

  • How conversational AI can solve most organizational problems;
  • BharatGPT’s current use cases and future road map;
  • India's positon in the generative AI arena.

Sabharwal is a tech entrepreneur with 20 years of leadership experience in SaaS product development across startups and global enterprises. At CoRover, he is responsible for strategy, product management, research and development, engineering, operations, marketing, sales, GTM, alliances, partnerships, and fundraising.

About the Author

Rahul Neel Mani

Rahul Neel Mani

Founding Director of Grey Head Media and Vice President of Community Engagement and Editorial, ISMG

Neel Mani is responsible for building and nurturing communities in both technology and security domains for various ISMG brands. He has more than 25 years of experience in B2B technology and telecom journalism and has worked in various leadership editorial roles in the past, including incubating and successfully running Grey Head Media for 11 years. Prior to starting Grey Head Media, he worked with 9.9 Media, IDG India and Indian Express.

Around the Network

Our website uses cookies. Cookies enable us to provide the best experience possible and help us understand how visitors use our website. By browsing, you agree to our use of cookies.